Sunday, September 09, 2007

Arthur Burt

I met Arthur Burt back in the late 70's. What pleasure to find some of his sermons archived on the internet.

Arthur Burt resides in Gwynedd, North Wales. He has traveled all over the world to bring the Father's word of challenge and encouragement. He describes himself as "a piece of paper blown by the wind from one place to another", but more often as simply a vessel of God's mercy. "If you ask me who I am, I will tell you. I am nobody, and the message I bring today is that every somebody will now have to become nobody. We must lose our identity in the body of Christ, because Father will not give his glory to anybody but Christ."


"Evangelism Explosion" teaches the "two diagnostic questions". Better than a program- see how Burt explains how to easily get to the root of the matter.


I once heard about a hitchhiker who stopped a car. The man who was driving the car was a Christian. So the Christian, he said to the man,

"Where are you going?"

"Oh," he said, "Just going down to spend a couple of hours down at the boozer with the lads."

Do you know what the boozer is? You don't?... A drinking saloon where men booze.

"Well," he said, "I'll go down for a couple of hours."

"Oh, yes," he said, "And then where are you going?"

"Oh, well," he said, "Then I'll come back home. One of the lads will give me a lift back."

"Oh, yes, well, then where are you going?"

"Well, I'm going to bed."

"Oh, then," he said, "Where are you going?"

"Well I've got a busy day tomorrow. I'm running two jobs at present. My regular and then I've another four hours when I've finished. Big day tomorrow, I'll be tired out when I get home."

"Oh, where are you going then?"

"Oh, I shan't go out tomorrow."

"I see."

"I'll go to bed."

"I see. Then where are you going?"

"Oh, well, the next day I'm busy. I've got to go and see Jack. He's moving on Saturday and I've offered to help him with the furniture so that will be quite a job."

"Oh, yes, and then where are you going?"
More.

Arthur Burt's website.

Originally posted December 8, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the "Choose an identity" section - if you click Name/URL you can enter your name or at least a screen name. The URL is optional. Comment by NAME is encouraged, as all should own up to thier comments.