Friday, July 25, 2008

School of the Prophets
-Exam Time

Rob DeLuca, from His Way Church International in Auckland, New Zealand is the "prophet" who "prophesied" the Great Florida Healing Revival" into existence. Or so those who don't buy into the notion of a "self-fulfilling prophecy" might say.




Well, DeLuca spent a few weeks hanging out at Lakeland, and to demonstrate his prophetic prowess, he has come up with a real doozy. Now, just to make sure you understand - I'm committed to being scriptural: I do not despise prophecy. Well, not Godly prophecy. We are told to test all things. This one does not stand the test.

And Bentley fails on the discernment test too. He affirmed this prophecy, stating "It's what's happening in the body of Christ tonight."

Ok, Boys and Girls, let's see how many wrong things you can find in this video clip:



I just saw a vision, and I saw the Lord Jesus, and I saw him stand up from His throne and I saw Him take off His crown and he placed it on the arm of His throne. And then He proceeded to get down on His knees and he took off a ring off of His finger and He began to place this beautiful ring on this bride and she stopped and she began to weep. And She looked and her dress was torn and I saw Him touch her dress and immediately it was made right.

And the Lord told me that what I (the Lord) am doing here (in Lakeland, Florida) is going to bring forth the preparation of the wedding and I am about to marry My bride and this is going to fix that which is torn. And this is the beginning of the arrangements of the wedding feast.

Find the problems with this word, list them in the comments and let's see how you do.

For 20 bonus points tell me who the old guy with the white socks sitting off to the side is.

For 20 more points, tell me when Todd got his ring.



I guess DeLuca can now say that he prophesyed that, as well.


DeLuca, by the way was at the "Heart for the Nations" conference in Pasadena in May with Bentley and others. This was a few days after his May 13th prophecy. He gave the prophecy there as well and the audience ate it up. But that was just the warm up. According to one participant:


"At one point, DeLuca began miming the firing of a handgun, which act caused those in the path of the imaginary bullets to fall or become ecstatic. This practice caused widespread mayhem, especially among young Asians. As you may suppose, I didn't observe anyone fall out who was not directly facing De Luca and aware of the timing of his mime. I'm pretty sure this was all about flesh and not supernatural. If I'm wrong in this, I'd suspect it to be counterfeit though I can't imagine what the authentic form might be."

Some have said that the test of a true prophet is how they handle the anointing. Just when you thought it could not get any worse...

5 comments:

  1. Bob Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And then He proceeded to get down on His knees and he took off a ring off of His finger and He began to place this beautiful ring on this bride and she stopped and she began to weep. And She looked and her dress was torn and I saw Him touch her dress and immediately it was made right."

    This sounds like the strangest variant of "Bridal Mysticism" (the original Jesus-Is-My-Boyfriend strangeness) I have heard in a long time.

    For 20 more points, tell me when Todd got his ring.

    After the first quote, I don't think I want to know. (Same-sex Bridal Mysticism... is gay marriage legal in Florida?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enquiring minds here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. On June 23, I think, Peter Wagner and a bunch of apostles got together for a coronation of Todd- and they gave him a ring. See

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAnNSiZfgvI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete

In the "Choose an identity" section - if you click Name/URL you can enter your name or at least a screen name. The URL is optional. Comment by NAME is encouraged, as all should own up to thier comments.