Saturday, December 12, 2009

Manifested Bentley, Part 3.

Previous Part 1. Previous Part 2.


I'm not a man right now. I'm under the anointing. If I was to pray for you two hours from now I wouldn't be the same. I'm in the gift. Do you believe that?




Todd Bentley's statement at timestamp 01:46 of this video recorded May 12, 2008.

What do you suppose Todd meant by the very unambigous statement "I'm not a man right now?"

Was he simply trying to state "I may actually look like flesh-and-blood to you, but the power to heal is not my power, it is God's power" ?

That's one explanation, and one I would much prefer. But to understand Todd Bentley, you have to look at the entire body of his teachings. As we outlined in Part 2. of this series, Todd may have believed that he was operating under what he would call a "fourth floor" anointing.

And we are pressing in for that Romans 1:4 anointing.
-Todd Bentley


Romans 1:3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

In Todd Bentley's mind, the Romans 1:4 anointing is to be "declared to be the Son of God."

Yes, I know, 1 John 3:2 declares that we are the sons of God. Little (s) sons. And its not something we long for in the future- not something that we press in for. The Word says "Now are we the sons of God."

So, in the context of Bentley's teaching, the so-called Romans 1:4 anointing is to attain divinity or god-like status.

I'm not a man right now. I'm under the anointing. If I was to pray for you two hours from now I wouldn't be the same. I'm in the gift. Do you believe that?


So, if Bentley believes that we can attain god-status in the here-and-now, and Lakeland was the apogee of his ministry, whey wouldn't he believe that he had attained it?

This may sound far-fetched to you, but it is part-and-parcel of the MSoG teaching, and as we have already demonstrated, Bentley affirms his subscription to this heresy.

At what point will doctrinal issues become part of his so-called restoration to ministry. If not, then restored to what?

Go to Part 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the "Choose an identity" section - if you click Name/URL you can enter your name or at least a screen name. The URL is optional. Comment by NAME is encouraged, as all should own up to thier comments.